What type of information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you subscribe to our newsletter, fill out a form or sign up as an author or publisher. When doing so you may be asked to provide personal details such as name, e-mail address, postal address, phone number or credit card information as needed.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To process transactions: e.g. making an online purchase or registering.
- To send you periodic emails related to the interests you registered on our website.
- If you complete a Contact Form on the website seeking information, you will be given a choice to opt in our out to be added to our mailing list. We will respond to your enquiry but you will only be added to our database if you choose.
- To improve our website: we continually strive to improve our website based on the information and feedback we receive from you. Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each mailing.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain & safeguard your personal information when you place an order or access your personal information. We use a secure Payment gateway provider in all cases (PayPal). When you make an online transaction, PayPal provide us only with your contact details, any message you wished to leave and the amount of the payment. We do not see or store your card details when you make an online transaction. We take, and will continue to take, all reasonable steps (which includes relevant technical and organisational measures) to guarantee the safety of the data you provide to us and we will only use the data for the intended purpose. However, the nature of the internet is such that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the Internet will be 100% secure.
- Our mailing list is only visible to administrators or our Email Marketing software and is not shared with other organisations.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential as part of their contract with us. We may also release your personal data where compliance with legal requirements is a necessity. We also reserve the right to enforce our site policies in order to protect our rights and the rights of other individuals in a manner that is safe and compliant with the law. Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. For example, we may disclose the total number of visits to our website.
Updating, verifying and deleting personal data
You may inform us of any changes in your personal data, and in accordance with our obligations under the Data Protection Acts & international treaties, we will update or delete your personal data accordingly. To find out what personal data we hold on you or to have your personal data updated, amended or removed from our database, please email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Advanced Social Media Services Ltd., 5 Dame Lane, Dublin 2, Ireland.
Office Address: Advanced Social Media Services Ltd., 5 Dame Lane, Dublin 2, Ireland.
- www.booksgosocial.com for readers,
- www.services4authors.com, a blog for authors
- www.thebookpromoter.com a sign up site for authors & publishers.
Telephone: + 353 86 836 9254